type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Music + Dance = Color

It's Thursday and that means it is time to share what I created for the "Dreaming in Color" challenge put out by "Thursday Sweet Treat"!

This is the first time I've taken part in one of Natasha's challenges and I had a blast!

I entered two of the four paintings that I created for this challenge. This first one (above) is an abstract/line drawing of Michael Jackson caught in one of his steps in "Smooth Criminal".

Here's a video of "Smooth Criminal" (Incidently, the photo of MJ at top of the page is from a different video than the one I used.)
[note: when I made my submission, I had put that it was from "Dangerous", it should have been from "Smooth Criminal"] I created three of these types of paintings of him, all in different poses from 3 of his songs. I am only showing the one here for now. I have three more in progress. :)
The second submission I call "Musical Dreams". This symphony of color is in constant motion. Listen to it, enjoy the dance. :)

These paintings were done with acrylics on canvas board.

All for now! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Unknown February 22, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

These are beautiful, Kim! That's a very recognizable Michael Jackson move, and I can actually see the video in my head. I think I would have spotted it, even without your description.

Nice work, indeed!

LadyK February 22, 2009 at 1:37 PM  

Thank you Wendy :) I am uploading two more today (one of which is my absolute favorite :)

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP