type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Burning

Here are some progression shots of a custom ordered gourd ornament that I just completed.

The first two are in grey scale. Look at all those teeny, tiny dots! I love stippling! :)





Here all of the little details are burned in and finished, the stem cut, and the eye screw put in place.








I added a transparent red on the large hearts and a lighter shade of transparent red on the outer rim. At the time of these last two photos the ornament has been given 2 coats of finish. I didn't take these in a light box, so forgive me for the glare.



This is it for today's post. I'm still fighting that broken, abscess tooth--can't wait to get it pulled on the 18th..

0 comments:

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP