type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Doxie Boots

What is this, you ask? This is one of eight little boots I made for my two Miniature Dachshunds!

Made of fleece, suede, elastic, and velcro. The suede is from the old jacket that I made their jackets out of. The fleece is leftover from a couple doggie blankets and another doggie jacket. The only things I had to purchase for this project was the elastic and velcro strips.

I first cut the boot shape on the fold so all I had to sew was the two sides and of course the suede sole. I put the sole on first, then sewed the sides. the elastic and velcro were sewn on last.

The hardest part of this project was sizing them. Have you ever tried to get a little dog to stand still for measurements? Easier said than done. lol

Anyway, the boots work great! Sam and Buddy both love going out in the snow now. They look so cute with their winter jackets and boots on. lol Now I don't worry about their little feet freezing and also being irritated by the salt, which is a household staple item in the U.P.. Salt for melting ice on your walkways and steps can harm a dog's feet.

I'll be trying to get some pics of them out in the snow soon.

Now, it's back to the kitchen! I'm making Kaiser rolls for our Porketta sandwiches tonight. I put a large, frozen Porketta in my slow cooker this morning about 8am, it smells wonderful in here! We're just going to have the sandwiches and a salad for dinner tonight. Can't wait!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Unknown January 9, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

Leather jackets and fleece boots! Your pups are better dressed than I am!

LadyK January 9, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

lol, They are stylin' aren't they? :)

Anonymous,  January 21, 2009 at 11:46 PM  

that is niiiice! and i really mean it. i can just imagine those cute little paws in them...

LadyK January 26, 2009 at 1:58 AM  

Hi Grace, thank you so much. The boots have sure been a paw saver this winter. No more salt on their little feet and no more freezing. :)

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP