type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, November 10, 2008

Still Burning


Progress Day 2 , originally uploaded by avision4.

Here is the board as it is now after about 6 more hours of burning.

The castle is nearly complete, the moon is pretty much finished, and I added some arrow-head leaves in the background of the flowers (which I may remove. since they are very hard to see and the addition of them just makes it look too cluttered (?).

In this photo of the board, you can see that I had loosely sketched a couple trees in place on the left. Late last night, after this photo was taken, I erased them and sketched a different one.

It's funny really, no matter what I am working on, it can (and usually does) look a lot different than what I had originally started out to do.

I'm off now to do laundry, ironing, make marshmallows, and clean the house. It is Monday after all. Will be burning some more later today.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

4 comments:

KAT November 10, 2008 at 5:49 PM  

This is gorgeous! Congrats on how well it is coming out!

Kat

Unknown November 13, 2008 at 7:09 AM  

Hi, Kim! I'm back, on my own PC -- full time -- and actually blogging! Yay!

Your wood burning piece is gorgeous. Can't wait to see it finished.

I was looking through my inbox of hundreds and hundreds of emails that piled up while I was mostly without a computer, and I found one from you! Oh, my -- sounds like you've got big change in the wind.

I'll try to respond in a day or so.

Hope you're well,
~ Wendy

LadyK November 13, 2008 at 2:06 PM  

Hi Wendy!
It's great to hear from you again. So glad you're back up and running. Thank you for the compliment on my new burn. :)

I've got to run for now, but will try to write tonight when I get back.
Have a wonderful day!
Kim

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP