type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Interesting, IE Errors

Earlier today I had a post called "Video Sunday: The Soggy Bottom Boys", which had two YouTube videos -- one from the movie "O Brother, Where Art Thou", and one of the real Soggy Bottom Boys performing in Union Square. Every time my blog tried to load, an IE error popped up saying that it had to abort my page. Very frustrating, to say the least!

So, I finally deleted the post to see if that error box would still pop up. As luck would have it, the error box vanished when I deleted it. So now, I am sad and wondering if I will ever be able to embed YouTube videos on this blog again. I can't tell you how angry I was getting over those errors. I will try again probably next week. Hopefully it was just a bug that landed in my blog today and wont return.

Hope your weekend was a nice one!

2 comments:

Designing Hilary September 22, 2008 at 8:53 PM  

Try another browser. I use Firefox almost all the time, now. It has made life soooo much easier. There are still some things I need to use IE to work as planned, but as much as possible, Firefox works so much better.

And if your check some of the other blogs by our geek fellows, many are raving about Chrome.

These browsers are free to download.

LadyK November 2, 2008 at 1:05 PM  

Sorry for delay in getting back to you.

I have three different browsers; Firefox, Avant, and of course, IE. Avant is somehow intertwined with IE, but I have no idea how. The videos used to work great on my blog in my avant browser. Now I can only view videos on the YouTube site itself, or other video sites. So strange.

I've never heard of Chrome, I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the tip!

Think I'm going to add something to my video posts about them being best viewed in Firefox for other visitors who might be using IE or Avant.

Thanks again!

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP