type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Question

Healthwise, I will not be able to handle another long, cold, sunless winter here. Time is running out. [picture is of my huge pine trees and my yard]


If you and your child were going to move over 2,000 miles from where you are now, and you need to cut costs quite a bit to ensure that you make it there, what would you really NEED to keep?

What things would you have no problem getting rid of?

These questions are on my mind quite a bit. We should've been moved by now, but sadly, we are still here. This is almost begining to seem impossible. For everytime I think we're just about able to go, something else comes up and we are delayed yet again. :( Not sure how much longer I can keep this up.

So, how would you do it? What would you do?

3 comments:

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels August 28, 2008 at 2:40 PM  

Hi! I came to thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, but I decided to stay a while - such gorgeous pictures!

We moved a lot, this last time with the girls. I think the first thing I'd get rid of is our car. We live 4 blocks from the train station an I would just walk and take the train or bus everywhere. I already do, dh uses the car.

I would also get rid of any additional computers, like a desktop, and keep just one laptop. I would then go through my wardrobe and sell any clothing and shoes I haven't worn in several months.

One place where I wouldn't try to save money is food. I think buying local food, making food from scratch and decreasing the amount of meat we eat are great ways to keep expenses down while keeping nutrition high.

Best of luck! Saving money with a family can be tricky, but it's doable.

Thanks again for visiting!

LadyK August 29, 2008 at 4:34 PM  

Hi Elisa!
Thanks for stopping in and for the compliments too.

I've contemplated selling my car but, there isn't public transportation where I am moving to, as far as I know. Plus I think I'd be lost without it.

Thanks for all the tips you left me. We don't eat out either, I make everything from scratch too...it's the only way to go! :)

Anonymous,  September 7, 2008 at 5:10 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

I'm probably not the best to answer this question, but having moved so many times over the last five years I've pretty much narrowed down my "needs" to my computers, enough clothes for a few weeks, and my pets.

The rest I'd be willing to sell and rebuy as needed.

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP