type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Remembering

Today is a very cold, grey, and gloomy day. Days like this always bring me down a lot. It is one of the reasons we are moving south to a much sunnier, and warmer, climate.
Anyway, while I was sitting here this morning I played some of my old favorites on YouTube and came across Peter Gabriel singing with Sinead O'connor, which then lead me to find one of my favorite songs by Sinead: "Nothing Compares to You".
This song is SO powerful and her voice is amazing. No matter how often I listen to this song, it still brings tears to my eyes. If you have ever lost someone you love it really hits home.
For some reason, most of the videos of her song on YouTube have been muted. I also have a video of her singing this live (also on YouTube).
Hope you enjoy this song today.
I'll be posting a bit later, the progress on my Steampunk Gourd that I wrote about in my last post.

5 comments:

Anonymous,  August 31, 2008 at 8:42 AM  

This song has always brought my to tiers too, then and now. She's amazing.

Unknown September 1, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

This song has always been and will always be one of my favorite. I have it on at least three or four of my cd's!

LadyK September 2, 2008 at 9:06 PM  

I knew I wasn't alone! :) I know I'll never tire of listening to her sing this song.

snowroses September 7, 2008 at 8:04 AM  

I've always loved this song too when she sings it herself

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP