type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, April 7, 2008

Refreshing the Soul

Sometimes we just need to take a break, get away, relax in an unfamiliar place, even if it is just for a couple of days.

This is precisely what I did just this past weekend. There have been so many things happening in my life recently and many changes. Sometimes we [I] need to take the time to relax in order to continue forward.

I took a much needed mini vacation with my youngest and drove to the city where my son and his wife live with their two young boys (my grandsons). We had a wonderful time. The weather was superb--it couldn't have been a nicer spring weekend. We got to meet some of his friends and had a cookout along with a small bonfire later on that evening. Everyone was so nice, it felt almost like I'd known them for as long as they did.

On Sunday, my son took me for a ride in his truck and showed me some of the places he frequents when he is not working out of town. He showed me his favorite fishing hole on the river. I taught him how to fish when he was very young and I'm proud that he still enjoys the sport and has also taught his own sons how to fish. We went to a bar that he likes and introduced me to the owners there. While we were there, I played a penny machine and won $50.00! :) We also went out to the edge of the lake (Michigan) and looked at the lighthouse. We were going to walk the span of rocks (breakwater) to get out there, but it was too windy. He showed me the older homes in the area (I absolutely LOVE older, turn-of-the-century homes), and many other interesting sights.

Before we left, he treated us to a brunch of Farmers Omelets and thick, toasted homemade bread. They were delicious!

We arrived back home about 5pm, exhausted ... I was in bed by 8pm. I felt like such an old lady going to bed so early. haha

Now though, I feel pretty good. I really needed to get away, even if it was just for a couple of days...Sometimes we really need to take the time and leave our space to refresh our souls.

Have a wonderful day and week ahead!

3 comments:

Unknown April 7, 2008 at 3:22 PM  

Wow, Kim! I leave my blog for a month and come back to find you blogging up a storm!

It's great to read you sounding so strong and positive. Keep it up!

Thanks for sharing your snow storm pics -- I grew up in Wisconsin, and actually miss the snow!

LadyK April 8, 2008 at 9:21 AM  

Hi WJ!
I've been trying to keep up with my blog this time. So many changes right now make for some very trying times.

I didn't know you grew up in WI! Where abouts? We are due another snowstorm starting this afternoon and lasting into tomorrow evening. All of the snow we just got with the last storm has melted. Now we will see around 8-10 inches with this new storm.

I'm lovin' spring! :D

Unknown April 10, 2008 at 2:15 AM  

Kim, I spent my formative years in Milwaukee.

We don't do spring here -- we've gone full-tilt into summer!

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP