type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Peace!

The theme at Inspire Me Thursday is currently "Peace". This universal sign of peace turns 50 years old this year!
Growing up I drew many variations of the Peace symbol on just about everything around me. Recently, I created this necklace with a shard of gourd and burned the Peace symbol onto it. It sure brought back memories.

I grew up with the Peace symbol all around me. After all, I am a babyboomer. There were peace signs on everything you can imagine; vans, cars, necklaces, bracelets, watchbands (those fabulous wide leather bands), posters, beach blankets, jackets, shirts, and more! They were a prominent piece of art during the Vietnam war that silently showed your hope for the war to end and bring our loved ones home safely.
This is another necklace that I created using a piece of gourd and my woodburner.

You can find both of these necklaces in my Etsy shop, simply click on the photos to go there now.
_________________________
Since the last time I posted about a winter storm here, we have had a second one and today we are under a winter storm warning again (for the third time)! If it was the middle of winter, we'd have well over 3 feet of snow by now on the ground. This new storm, destined to hit tonight, will be bringing upwards of a foot of new snow plus ice to give it that extra nice touch. :/
All for now, have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  April 10, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

Love love love your PEACE piece. I had a piece of jewelry I made and never thought to submit it.
I just love the feeling your piece conveys great job!!!!

Anonymous,  April 10, 2008 at 2:08 PM  

Your work s really cool! It's great that you use natural elements like the gourds for your jewelry. Both of these pieces are lovely:>

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP