type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, March 21, 2008

Steampunk and Gourds Tie the Knot!

I am totally in love with the Steampunk trend these days. There is so much about it to love! The clothes, the jewelry, the art......the ART!

I have been working on a couple of things that follow the steampunk trend which involve gourds. This vase, for example, is one of my latest works in progress and stands about 8 inches tall.

After I finished the prep work I sketched my rough design onto the gourd shell using a B2 pencil, which is pictured above. Now that the design is in place, I've started carving out all of the negative space. This gourd's shell is pretty thick so I will be able to work at three different height levels for the gears and cogs.

I will be taking another couple of pictures of it tomorrow so you can see the progress I've made from now up until then.

Still have a lot of packing to finish up and still trying to find a new place but I have my art when I need a break from it all.

Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP