type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Progress of Steampunk Gourd, Day2


Day 2 Steampunk gourd, originally uploaded by avision4.

As you can see there is a lot of tedious, time-consuming work involved in gourd carving. Where it has been carved out, it has been sanded smooth by hand. Some of the gourd was carved with my dremmel and other, more intricate areas with my Xacto knife.

You can also see from this photo that I am still working on sanding and carving. :) There is quite a bit of carving, shaping, and sanding to do yet and I will be working on this the rest of tonight and part of the day tomorrow.

I Will post the next progress shots either tomorrow (Easter Day) or Monday.
__________

I have a couple of other gourd projects going on at the same time that are nearly completed and I hope to be posting them to my Etsy shop early next week.

There are quite a few rocks now too that have been prepped and are ready to be made into colorful fish. :)

All for now!

Have a wonderful Sunday and a Happy Easter to all!

0 comments:

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP