type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Score! A Great Find!

Have you ever wandered in to your Goodwill Store just to look around and see what kind of treasures you might stumble across? Well, not too long ago, I was at our local Goodwill Store and came across this little chrome gem! It was tucked behind some old candle holders, knicknacks, and other miscellaneous things on a shelf below eye level.

I think in it's former life it was a toothbrush holder. I was not in the market for a toothbrush holder but, I was looking for something that I could keep the brushes I was currently using on a specific project, all together and upright. This was the perfect solution!


I use these particular brushes in the photo for painting on my rocks. Now I can keep them all together and upright when I am painting somewhere other than in my shop. :) It sure beats the heck out of laying them on the table or lugging my big paintbrush stand, with all of my brushes, around to where I want to paint.


If you decide you would like to try painting on rocks, keep in mind that rocks are terribly hard on brushes so don't use your expensive brushes on them. Buy a cheap set of brushes and use them specifically for your rocks....as you can see, I learned the hard way. :)

_________________________

Later on today, possibly this evening, I will be posting more about the progress of my steampunk gourd.

Have a wonderful day, it's Time for me to get back to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  March 31, 2008 at 12:29 PM  

Rock bass! I like it! They are adorable ;-)

able mabel March 31, 2008 at 1:44 PM  

Wow! What a great find! I love finding little treasures like that!

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP