type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, July 6, 2007

Oil Lamp Gourd

This is one of my very first oil lamps that I made out of a gourd. The design was pyroengraved. For coloring I used acrylics and colored pencil.

The oil goes into a glass tube insert on the top of the gourd. I plan on making a few more of these this summer, of course with different designs. :)
______________________

Still working on the website and making slow progress. It is coming along nicely though. If you haven't checked it out yet, click on one of the buttons in the left sidebar.
_______________________

Have a creative summer day!

5 comments:

Dr.John July 6, 2007 at 7:28 PM  

I am amazed at how creative you can be.

comfortable July 7, 2007 at 1:34 AM  

Thanks for visiting my blog :)

MaryAnn July 7, 2007 at 3:22 PM  

This is great! I would love to see somemore.

LadyK July 7, 2007 at 4:24 PM  

Thank you Dr.John and MaryAnn :)

Thanks for stopping by here too Comfortable. :)

nina kuriloff July 11, 2007 at 5:46 PM  

This gourd is very beautiful!

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP