type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Staying on Track


Staying on track, course, or the right path is sometimes one of the most difficult things that we creatives are faced with.


We see, we read, and therefore we are like Blackbirds, drawn to the next shiny thing that catches our eye...and we most often hoard our finds, sometimes forgetting that we ever bought them in the first place and better yet, we've most likely forgotten what on earth we were going to do with them once we had them.


Also, dare I mention that along with those piles of forgotten new supplies, are even more cubbies filled with projects that are in various stages of completion?


As I've been working on re-organizing my shop, I've found things that I swear I never bought! It's kind of like Christmas! However, being faced with the realization that I've either bought or found, stashed, and forgot about these things is a little bit frightening.


Have you ever seen the show "Clean House" on the Style channel? I wonder if they ever had to deal with an artist or other similar creative type? I can tell you this, if Niecy and her team had to come here and deal with me, they'd be at their wits end. At this point, I'm happy to say I don't live anywhere near L.A. (they only work in the L.A. area), because I'm sure at least one of my kids would be making me an appointment.


So, how to combat this affliction of our most ardent affection of new supplies?


How do you stick with a project till the very end? I think I find it to be most difficult to stick with one because as I'm working, the colors, shapes, and even the tools I use seem to trigger new thoughts and ideas for future projects. I think what happens is that sometimes the thoughts are so strong I have to drop what I'm doing to start the new thing before I forget it.


How about you, what do you do?


Well, I'm off to weed through more! 'Till later...

0 comments:

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP