type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Being Selfish?

Do you ever feel the need to just pick up your paints and brushes and paint something, anything, just for you? I do. I need to let myself go and paint without boundries and time constraints. It may seem selfish, but I find it to be comforting. Also, as I paint away, it brings inspiration for other projects in the future, which I note in my art journal.

One of my personal projects has been to paint my dining room table. It needed to be refinished badly or junked so I decided to paint it--it is, after all, a blank canvas. :) I work on it off and on since there is no real hurry to get it done. So, because there is another snowstorm creeping up on us (it should hit tomorrow), I decided to dedicate tomorrow to working some more on it.

I worked a bit on it late last night till 2:30 a.m. and had a great time! I'm tempted to haul my airbrushing equipment upstairs from my shop to do some detailing. I'm still undecided on that as my compressor is very loud.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  February 26, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

You've inspired me to write a blog post today! You go be selfish and keep making beautiful work! :^)

LadyK February 26, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

Hi Luann,
Thank you! I'm glad my post inspired you today. You've inspired me in so many ways, I read your blog all the time. :)

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP