type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

How Sweet it is!!

I've been baking all night now. Well actually, it is 12:35 a.m. on Christmas Eve day. I looked at what remains of my cookie supply and found that there really aren't that many left for Christmas. So, since I am baking breads and dinner rolls tomorrow, I had to do cookies tonight.

The cookies on the left are my Cherry Bon Bons, which I am totally addicted to! The red frosted ones have red maraschino cherries in them and the green frosted ones, are filled with the green cherries. Festive! I also baked some Chocolate-Toffee Cookies, some more Spritz, and made a batch of Marshmallows to give as gifts along with my homemade Hot Cocoa Mix.

Tomorrow morning I will start baking again. Cranberry-Orange Nut Bread (my Grandmother's recipe), pumpkin bread, and Clover Leaf Dinner Rolls. Oh, I nearly forgot! I have one more batch of cookies to do. I promised my Mom I would make them for her--Date Filled Cookies. They look like little turnovers and are so tasty! They too have been in our family for years.

Christmas Day, we are going to my Mom's house, which is in a very rural area and set way back in the woods. We have a lot of snow too this year so far, so maybe, we'll all go sledding down their huge hill and ride the snowmobiles for awhile while we're there. I hope I remember to bring my camera so I can share some pictures when we get back.

I really must get to bed here, or I'll never get moving in the morning!
See you all then! :)






0 comments:

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP