type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Quest for the Bear's Den

Deep woods, originally uploaded by avision4.

Went out into the woods during Rifle season, which started November 15 - end of the month, to get pictures of the forest & an amazing bear's den.Unfortunately, two hunters had blocked off the road to the den on both ends, and I wasn't about to walk into the area armed with only a camera. This time of year, bears are not totally asleep, they are only groggy and can attack if they are aware of you.
Will be going back out sometime this coming week to get that picture!

So here are some of the photos I took while we were riding the dirt roads. It is such a beautiful forest and is full of wildlife! Not just Whitetail Deer, but also Black Bears, Wolves, Fox, Coyote, and many more smaller animals.

I do a lot of paintings and drawings that include trees & forest so I will be using these photos for reference in the future.

If you would like to use some of my forest pictures as reference for your own work, that is okay. You will find more of my forest photos in my Flickr account under Misc.

Remember to keep an eye on my Etsy shop this weekend as I will be adding more new items!

Right now, I must get back to the studio! Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

MaryAnn November 22, 2008 at 2:11 PM  

very brave! Bears are so unpredictable. Every once and awhile we get warnings in our area to watch out for black bears. Those are relatively small bears.

LadyK November 27, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

Hi MaryAnn!
They sure are unpredictable! You just never know what they are going to do next.
:)

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP