type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, October 31, 2008

Last Minute Costume Ideas

While I was in the store this afternoon, I couldn't believe how many people there were rushing around trying to get costumes. They weren't so much for children though, they were for themselves. Maybe there are some Halloween parties to attend this weekend or they just want to dress up for when the little ones go "trick or treating".

If you are one of the people who are scrambling for an idea for Halloween, try this site: http://www.costumeideazone.com/ ! There are hundreds of great ideas listed there and a good majority of them you can probably create with things that you already own.

One idea that I think is pretty funny is dressing up as a "Chick Magnet" bottom of this page . There are many, many more! If you don't dress up and go out on the town, you'll definitely get a few good laughs when you read about the many different costume ideas.

Me? I'll be sitting here at home with my daughter, with a large bag of Lay's Potato Chips and a 2-liter of ice-cold rootbeer, and the TV tuned to the 7 hour Ghost Hunters Special on Sci-Fi! It's going to be a great nite!
Enjoy and Have a Happy Halloween!
Here I am in one of my many handmade Halloween costumes!
A rare shot of me a few years back on Halloween. Hard to see all of the costume's features, including the finishing touch-- my hair was wrapped around a huge, bleached Ham Bone!
I made this costume myself out of many old fur coats from the thrift store (I removed all fur from the coats to create the dress), a pair of blue slippers were the base to create the fur boots that were laced up with leather strips. On my right arm is a fur band with criss-crossed, bleached, chicken wing bones sewn in place. There is a long piece of thin leather that ties around my waist and on that is a small medicine bag that I made out of thin leather also. My necklace and earrings were made of a variety of bleached chicken bones and leather.
Oh, I also won second place that year. :)
**

Remember to follow me on Twitter too: Add me-->Airbrshldy

2 comments:

PaMdora November 20, 2008 at 5:53 PM  

Great costume! just added your twitter link.

LadyK January 1, 2009 at 12:56 PM  

Hi!
Thank you! I don't know how I missed answering your reply before. Sorry for that.

Don't you just love Twitter? I think it's great.

Kim

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP