type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sneak Peek!

flower gourd, originally uploaded by avision4.

This pretty flower is made of a small gourd and a piece of driftwood that I found on the river. It is just about finished too and I couldn't wait to show it off.

This flower was sort of an experiment to see if I could try and mimic some art glass done by Dale Chihuly. His work is so spectacular and I love how he gets the colored glass to do what he wants it to. I will never be a glass blower, but I do enjoy admiring glass artist's creations.

For this piece, I wanted to try and get a totally different look for the inside of a gourd by using a variety of color instead of painting it one solid color such as black. It was a success! Once it is totally finished, you will be able to see many different views of it here.

2 comments:

T.L. August 29, 2008 at 3:01 PM  

Beautiful art. Lovely blog. I admire how you use everyday natural items to create.

LadyK August 29, 2008 at 4:36 PM  

Thank you so much Tomato Lady. :)

And thank you for stopping in today.

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP