type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Seal the Hatches and Hold On Tight!

Well, today we are under severe weather watch starting with very high winds this afternoon, severe thunderstorms late afternoon and possibly isolated tornadoes. At this time, our winds here are already whipping things around with 22 mph gusts. They are calling for winds in excess of 45 mph after 1 pm.
The picture below, is of my pine trees that are right next to my house. This pic was taken after a snowstorm last year, but I wanted to show you just how big my trees are! You can't even really see my house behind them. When we have high winds, one of these tree's branches have a tendency to pull on our phone line and sometimes knock the computer connection right out. They also lose many branches.


This post will be very short. I wanted to write something more and may later on, but right now I have to get outside and tie things down, plant my new Petunias and then straighten the basement and shop up in case we have to hanker down there later on.

As soon as I finish up and as long as my computer line doesn't get knocked out I will post more here.

My youngest got me Petunias for the front yard, and I'd love to show them to you all! They're so pretty!
Be back as soon as I can!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  June 7, 2007 at 3:53 PM  

I realize the picture is of months ago after a snow storm, but it is so pretty and looks very welcome to me today as temperatures are supposed to be unseasonably warm into the 90's. I think unsettled weather would be more fun that just sunny and hot to look forward to. :>)

Dr.John June 7, 2007 at 8:13 PM  

In Upper Michigan we never worried about tornadoes. We had wind. We lost electricity. Sometimes we had lots and lots of snow but no tornadoes. Like your new name and logo.

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP