type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, May 1, 2009

Your Creative Spirit

"Discover & Recover Your Creative Self"

I've dusted off my book and am about to go through "The Artist's Way" and would like for all of you to join me!

Book, The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron


Julia Cameron, author of "The Artist's Way", "Vein of Gold", and "Finding Water" (to name a few) suggests that in order for us to learn more about ourselves and our world, we should start our own creative cluster and go through the book together. The book leads us to explore and face our dreams, fears, blocks, and personal challenges. The Creative Cluster is not a critique group, rather it is a place to gain creative confidence and courage. The cluster will help us cultivate our ability to be bold in whatever we do by offering group support and encouragement.

To accomplish this, I've set up a Creative Cluster Clubhouse here on ByHand.me. As the book suggests, we would cover one chapter per week in the order the book is laid out. We will use the CCC as a way to record our journeys, share ideas, and encourage and support other members with theirs.


If you don't have a copy of this book already and you'd like to join in, you can get the book for as little as $3.25 from Amazon. Click Here to view this book and select pages on Amazon.


This book is for everyone and all creative types: Writers, painters, crafters, actors, musicians, visual artists, jewelry artisans, etc..

Please join us and take part in this journey. Our start date will be May 10, 2009. This will allow some time for those who need to get a copy of the book and notebooks for our morning pages and other exercizes.

Once we complete The Artist's Way, we will be moving on to other inspirational and motivating books.

4 comments:

Erik May 3, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

This is a fantastic book for anyone with even a slight hint of creativity. I believe it has helped scores of friends to find their way...Down the path to creativity and to personal insight. I wish you much joy and adventure in your exploration of this book and your own creative spirit.

LadyK May 3, 2009 at 12:03 PM  

Hi Erik,
Thank you! I'm looking so forward to this. The first time, I only made it about half way through. I think it might have been because I was doing it on my own and not in a group.

The Astral Cowboy May 3, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

I know what you mean. Accountability and the support available in a group can help a lot. I know a number of people who ran into the same wall. I was surprised to find out how many have come together to help each other experience the wonders of the daily pages and artists dates.

LadyK May 3, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

Hi!

Isn't that something, the number of people who can't seem to get through the book alone?

Right now there are four of us in the new group. I'm hoping that more will join us. :)

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP