type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Taking It Back

Have you ever lost sight of why you started creating in the first place? When was the last time you created something Just For You? Honestly, I cannot remember the last time I painted something just for me.

Sometimes we have to take it back. You know, to reflect on past works and old methods. Of course, the older we are, the more reflecting we can do. :D (I, myself, am able to do a lot of reflecting, shhhh.)

The weekly challenges from "Thursday Sweet Treat" have been an amazing way for me to fan the fire which has only a month ago been found to be only smoldering. I finished this piece enough yesterday for this weeks challenge "Vibrant, Chaotic Rainbows"(which will be posted on the TST blog sometime today. I still want to add something to this painting, although I'm not sure just what yet.

Relax for a bit with me and let your inner child loose to play around for awhile. We just might find new directions for our art and without any pressure to just get it done from outside sources. I find it inspiring, uplifting, and the perfect solution for when I find myself in a slump or when I just need to take a break.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Unknown March 24, 2009 at 6:13 PM  

Good for you, Kim! Your art should always be as much for you as for your living.

Because I love the computer and experimenting with software, I 'play' all the time. In fact, in many ways, my job is ALL play (except for the marketing and paperwork - ugh).

I so enjoy photography and digital art, I can't really think of it as work -- though it's how I make my living.

LadyK March 25, 2009 at 3:58 AM  

Hi WJ!
That is so true and somewhere along the line I think I may have lost sight of that a bit.

I've always loved your work, your passion really shines through. :)
Have a great day!

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP