type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Blogspot (Blogger) Comment Problem

To those of you who have a blog on Blogspot (Blogger):

If you have your comment area set up where the visitor has to select a profile (from a dropdown list) and then has to type a code (usually letters) before their reply will post...Please be aware that it is not working. Every blog I've visited between yesterday and today that had that set up, would not let me get past the "enter the code" part. It is stuck on "Loading".

Just wanted to mention this in case you are all wondering why you aren't getting any comments on your posts. It can't be happening just for me. I really hate that after I type a reply I find out it was time wasted. I don't have this set up here on my blog, I use the old fashioned way.

:dream:

6 comments:

TiLT February 28, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

How funny - I come visit your blog - and see this post about comments not sticking...and my comment was the one on your screen shot pic :)

LadyK February 28, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

Hi TiLT! Haha, it's a small world!

I noticed that your comment there was made on the 25th, so this problem had to have started some time after that.

I was also unable to leave a comment on the BlogFire blog regarding the Blog Carnival this week because they have the same setup. :(

Thanks for stopping in to say Hi! :)

Bear Chick March 2, 2009 at 12:43 AM  

I had this happen sometime last week, too. Thought it was just me!

LadyK March 2, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

Hi Bear Chick,
I thought the same, until it kept happening over and over again, and always with the same comment set-up.
:)

Unknown March 3, 2009 at 2:41 AM  

Wow, Kim, so many beautiful posts since my last visit!

Love the stick figures -- they make a great series. I can see them all lined up on a gallery wall . . .

I hate then new comment set up. It took me a while to realize that it NEVER works for me in Firefox. If I switch over to IE, it's always fine. Unfortunately, I HATE IE, and am seldom willing to open it, just to leave a comment. So, many would-be comments die in the process.

Phooey!

LadyK March 3, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

Hi WJ!
Thank you so much! It's great to see you here again. :)

I never knew that the comment problem was associated with Foxfire. That's good to know. I wont pull up IE just to leave comments. Hopefully, they fix that so other browsers will work with it too. I haven't used IE in years, I used Avant until the end of last year, now I'm on FF. :)

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP