type='text/javascript'/>
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, December 20, 2008

I Yam What I Yam & That's All That I Yam!

Haha! A few items of interest today!

First of all, I made Sweet Potato Chews for my two miniature doxies with my dehydrator and they were a huge hit! This is how I made them:
______________
Sweet Potato Chews

4 large sweet potatos (yams)
water

Wash the potatoes and cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half into strips that are about 1/3 inch thick.
Heat water to boiling and place cut slices, half a potato at a time into the water and blanche for 5 minutes. Remove to paper towel and dab excess water off. Place each slice, in single layer, on dehydrator tray. Repeat with remaining potato slices.

Turn dehydrator dial to 135 degrees F (58 degrees C) and run for up to 48 hours. I did mine for 2 1/2 days. I made a lot, and wanted them to be crunchy.
_______________
My two dogs absolutely LOVE them! I'm going to try cooking sweet potatoes, mashing them well and mixing them with tuna, and green beans (also mashed) and make a thick paste. Then I'll spread the paste in strips on the plastic sheets for my dehydrator and make Chew Strips for them next time. :) I may even be able to make my kitty, Mister Fuzz, some of those as little treats too.

If you try this recipe, let me know how it turned out and if your dogs liked them too!
__________
A long, long time ago when my sisters and I were still at home, one of my sister's assignment for class was to write an "Ode". She wrote one of the funniest things I had ever read back then, "Ode to a Dishcloth". Hilarious! I wish I still had a copy of it to share with all of you.

So, today, while I was visiting blogs that are on Entrecard I came across this post written on the blog "Black Tie & Sneakers" which reminded me so much of the piece that my sister wrote way back when.

You really should stop by his blog and read his post entitled, "A Guest Post by Ignored", I think you'll love it. :)
___________
Later this afternoon, I will be posting pictures of the Giveaway Gourd and I'll also have some pictures of the leather jackets and boots I am making my doxies. :)

So, until then...have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  December 22, 2008 at 4:58 AM  

What a great recipe! I am so glad I popped in to check out your blog. Now EmmE, my 9 wk old shar-pei/boxer will have a new treat to look forward to.

LadyK December 25, 2008 at 10:28 PM  

Hi!
I'm so glad you stopped by!
You'll have to let me know how she liked them.

Tag Cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP